Date/Time: Wednesday 2:00 PM
Teacher: Konda Luckau
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Sizes: 9″ x 12″ x 20″
Pattern Fee: $12.00
Kit Fee: $22.50
Description: This duffle bag is the perfect size for short trips. It is also the perfect size for a carry-on for traveling by airplane. It comes together so nicely that you might not be able to make just one! The pattern has instructions for a patchwork version or a non-patchwork version. In class, we will be sewing the non-patchwork version. If you want a patchwork version, just bring it already sewed up. In class, we will talk about quilting on your own sewing machine as well as bag construction tips. I will show you lots of options for handles as well as options for adding pockets. Bring extra fabric if you want to add more pockets.
- The kit includes out fabric, lining fabric, and accent fabric. This includes enough extra fabric, if cut carefully, for the extra pocket on the side as well as covering straps if desired.
- We will be quilting the bag with organic straight line quilting. If you like something different, feel free to quilt the bag the way you like.
- We will have duck cloth, 36″ x 46″ craft size cotton batts, and a variety of zippers available for purchase.
- I prefer just the two short handles. If you would like to add a longer, removable, adjustable shoulder strap, I can help you with that.
- 1 yard outer fabric
- 1 yard lining fabric
- 1/2 yard accent fabric
- 3 1/2 yards of 1 1/2″ strapping for handles or 1/4 yard duck cloth
- 1 zipper at least 22″ long
- 1 yard cotton batting
- 505 basting spray
- Sewing Machine
- Cutting supplies
- Walking foot for sewing machine
Additional fabric and zippers if extra pockets are desired (optional)
1 yard duck cloth (optional)
Hardware and material for adding one long shoulder strap (optional)