Date/Time: Thursday 2:00 PM
Teacher: Ruth Davis
Skill Level: All Levels
Pattern Fee: $12.00
Description: Come join Ruth as she teaches you the basics of Free Motion Quilting on your Domestic Machine! You will receive a handout that covers how to set up your sewing area, pin basting, and hands-on quilting practice, numerous quilting motifs, and a progressive program to allow you to improve your quilting skills as you advance on previously learned techniques. **No Dangerous Stitching involved!**
- Sewing machine in good working order. You should be able to lower your feed dogs or have a covering for them. Know how to set up your machine for Free Motion Quilting ahead of time.
- Darning foot, free-motion quilt foot, ruler foot, etc. (You only need one.)
- 4-6 fat quarter sized quilt sandwiches preferably made with muslin so you can see your stitching
- Easy to see thread for top, with matching thread in your bobbin
- Basic Sewing Kit
- Supreme Slider (or other Teflon-type non-stick surface)
- Extension table for your machine if you have one.
- Your favorite quilting gloves. (Ruth will have a few pairs of her favorite gloves that you can use if you don’t have any.)
**Remember these are just for practice! Plan on having fun, staying relaxed and laughing! We are going to “train our brains!” Fortunately, the quilt police won’t see these!