Date/Time: Thursday 2:00 PM
Teacher: Susan Greenhalgh
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Size: 76″ x 86″
Pattern Fee: FREE Find it HERE
Description: I have enjoyed making Lori’s blocks each month that lead to a finished quilt in about 6-9 months without much fuss and lots of fun. i purchased a fabric kit at the onset and pulled up her on-line tutorial and away I went. It has been fun to see these blocks come together. I have learned a different way to applique that is pretty much no fuss, and have gotten much better at lay out of larger applique blocks. I planned that we could start with block one . . . or could jump into the largest block first. This would make a good table topper if you don’t want to do the whole quilt.
- The fabric can be found online at rileyblakedesigns.com. The fabric can also be found at many retailors including the Fat Quarter Shop and Missouri Star Quilt Co. I searched for the Flea Martket fabric onlin and found many retailers that had most, if not all, the fabrics. I’m sure your local quilt stores will have some, if not all, of this fabric line. Please refer to the blogspot as above for exact amounts of fabric that you will need. You will need background and border fabric. I used the fabric C10229 Cloud Booking that came with this kit. I needed 7 yards of it as it is background for all the blocks and is the border fabric. You will need a fat quarter bundle, or a collection of fat quarters from your home stash. you will also need a few yards of lightweight interfacing.
You will also need the following rulers:
- Riley Blake Sew Simple Shapes Pie Ruler ST4815 (to make all the flower petals – 8″)
- Seed Ruler ST18059 for all the leaves in the quilt (4″ x 8 1/2″ large seed ruler and 2″ x 4 1/2″ small seed ruler)
- Circle rulers sized 9″, 6″, 4″ and 2″ ST4194 to cut out the flower centers.
- 1/4″ and 1/2″ bias tape makers
- Point Turner N039-7803
- Sue Daley Designs Applique Glue
I bought all of the rulers and used them all.
I also made Design Boards (see my other class PH 03) and these helped me get and stay organized!
Whew! That sounds like a lot to know and purchase . . . I agree . . . but if I can learn to use and like all these tools, so can you. I really enjoyed this experience and hope you will too. Call me with any questions. Susan 801-698-7187.