This class is FULL! Another class has been add to Thursday at 8:30 AM.
Find the information HERE!
Date/Time: Wednesday 8:30 AM
Teacher: Tricia Gummow
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Kit Fee: $6.00 (Clothesline for bowl)
Description: Spice up your home decor with these “easier to make than they look” rope bowls. They are made with cotton clothesline rope found at your local hardware/department store. The color of the bowl is determined by the color of the thread you choose. They work up quickly, so it’s very likely that you will be able to finish a bowl in class. These are super addictive to sew up and would make unique gifts for family and friends. You’ll probably want to make one for all your besties! You may choose to make myriad of different styles and sizes. The sky is the limit as far as embellishments and you may want to pop in a few spots of fabric to create different designs in your bowl. Smaller versions make great key or loose change bowls.
- 100 ft 3/16″ cotton covered clothesline rope. This makes somewhat large bowl. I would suggest buying extra as you’ll probably want to make more than one. 🙂
- Thread: 1000+ yards. These bowls use a lot. Variegated thread is a popular choice and makes very lovely bowls, but you may use any color(s) you desire. Some choose to keep their bowls a natural color, but you may use multiple colors to create interesting stripe patterns.
- Multiple threaded bobbins. **NOTE: The bobbin color shows on the outside of the bowl.
- Sewing machine with a zig-zag stitch
- OPTIONAL: 3/4″ x WOF strips for pops of color. For this method, you will also need a washable glue stick.
- Leather or wool pieces to finish
- Buttons/feathers/beads or any other embellishments you desire